Or a question about one you know?
List it here!
1. Who was the wife of Philip Harper, Jr. (son of Philip Harper the Pioneer)? - Muriel G. Hart, 702 Zelda Court, Hendersonville, NC
2. Who were the parents and siblings of Samuel HARPER who married
Mary NELSON the 27 July 1837 - Pendleton Co., Va.. (I've a copy of
this marriage record.)
Helen Fest, 406 Forest Dr., Bridgeport, W.Va.. 26330-9530
3. Who is the father of Charles Webster Harper, born 1869 in Pendleton County, West Virginia? His father was a Harper, but may not have been married to his mother. - Charles A. Harper, P.O. Box 487, Lutherville, Maryland 21094
4. Who were the parents of Hannah Harper, b. ca 1801 in VA. She married Benjamin H. Bethel 29 Nov 1821 in Belmont Co. OH. I believe she died in Noble Co, IN, but don't have a year.- Penny Woodford, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
5. Researching the family of Robert Harper born ca 1755 somewhere near Harper's Ferry, VA -- we THINK! -- he died 1829 in Edwards Co, IL. One family historian wrote "we know that Robert was one of 5 sons & 2 daughters", but he doesn't go into how 'we know.' He tells us that Robert's father was also Robert Harper; again, no source or proof. The brothers included: Samuel, David, & Hans/Hance. The name Hans/Hance does not mesh with the family tradition of being a Scotch-Irish family, so I thought I would try this line. 5th son could have been -- don't know -- Matthew Harper. By 1775 Robert & Matthew are in Chester District, South Carolina. Robert married Margaret Brown & their eldest son is Adam Brown Harper, b. SC 1775/76. Robert's family is well documented after 1800 -- moved to Illinois, Indiana, & Missouri. We know he was NOT the founder of Harper's Ferry, WV. Samuel & Hans supposedly remained in Virginia; David supposedly went to Tennessee or Kentucky. We have NO records on other than Robert -- Looking for some help with this brick wall. Thanks, Karin Harper McArdle, <MCARDKM@hqda.army.mil>
6. These HARPERs were my 2g-grandparents: Name: x HARPER, first name unknown; Sex: Male; Individual Facts: Birth abt 1830 in IA; Marriages: 1. x Orlena, last name unknown; Children: George A. (H.) HARPER (born 1854); David S. HARPER (born 1855). 2. x Francis Marion HARPER (born 1856); Children: Eli Brown HARPER (born 1859); James N. HARPER. Marlin and Joyce Aker <email@example.com>
7. I am looking for the parents of Sarah Harper b. ca 1765 d. 1826 Ross
bur. on own farm near Pisgah Church, she married ca 1787 Josiah Records
Finch (they are my husband's 4th gr grandparents. I have children: 1.
Mary 1788-1831 2. 3rd gr--Sarah b. 1790 d. 1842 Cass Co IN married 1805
John Adair; 3. James 1791-1811 4. Joseph 1793-1828 5. Jane b. 1795
married Thomas T. Harper (who are his parents??) 6. John b. 1797 mar Mary
Bowers & Elizabeth Brackney 7. Isaac 1800-1828 married 1819 Lucy Irwin 8.
Elizabeth b. 1805 married 1824 Wm Taylor
Appreciate any help in finding proof of Sarah Harpers parents. Thanks,
Return to The Harper Family Homepage